5 ways to the perfect Illy mix
The Illy blend is world famous, built as it is on 8 decades of careful nurturing to achieve a consistently high level of quality. Here's how that quality was and still is being achieved:
- The blend contains 9 of the best aribica beans from 4 continents, gathered through direct sales and close relationships.
- The flavour of your ESE pads is perfectly balanced in taste and aroma.
- Every single harvest is checked and any discrepancy in the characteristic taste is corrected.
- Careful mixing before roasting and cooling.
- Vacuum packing ensures that the fresh taste and aroma are preserved.
Steps to the best Illy cappuccino
We all love the frothy, creamy, soft cappuccino, and we have grown to always expect a cappuccino of the same standard a barista might prepare in a coffee shop. But not when it comes to Illy, their coffee machines, ESE pads and more importantly, their coffee blends. Here are instructions direct from Illy of how to get the best cappuccino you've ever tasted. Made by you! At home!
- For the best frothing results your milk should be cold whole milk. Fill the froth jug to about ¾.
- Before starting, you should release steam from your steaming rod for about 2 seconds, thus removing any residual water.
- When you start, remember that when the foam rises, the milk sinks and so the rod must be inserted deep in the froth jug. Keep the tip of the rod submerged and tilted. Allow for the milk to circulate naturally as it warms, and do not stir unnecessarily.
- You want the volume of the milk in the jug to be doubled and its temperature to be 65 degrees.
- A smart trick is to knock or tap a little on the bottom of your jug to settle the foam.
- When pouring the steamed milk, aim first for the centre of the cup and then pour in a circular motion out towards its rim.
- Lastly, remember to release steam again, to remove leftover milk residues.