Black Coffee for Senseo®
No matter if you buy the original Senseo coffee pads or other coffee pads for Senseo, you will make the best decision for the environment. They are all biodegradable. And you do not give up the quality, price or variations of coffee by doing this.
Next step for coffee grounds
After making your cup of coffee with your Senseo, it's normal for you to throw your coffee pillow in the trash, right? Here are some smart ways to recycle it:
- Use it against pests by spreading your coffee grounds around your plants to keep ants and snails away.
- Use it as a fertilizer for plants that love acid.
- It can absorb food odors.
- It can soften the skin like peeling.
- It can remove product residues from your hair before washing it.
- These are just a few of the many more things you can use your old coffee grounds for.
Fun coffee facts
You use your Senseo coffee machine every day, but have you ever thought about this? You might want to sit and laugh at the following:
- Luwak coffee is the most expensive because of its production, which is very unusual. Desmer animals eat the coffee berries, and the coffee beans are then left in their feces. These are then washed, dried and tapped to remove all the skin before finally being roasted.
- Coffee was considered an intoxicant in Yemen and Arabia and was only ingested if you got permission from your doctor.
- Instant coffee was invented by a Belgian man in 1906 in Guatemala.
Which countries drink the most coffee?
Top 5 places per. per capita (cups per year):
- Holland, 2.414
- Finland, 1,848
- Sweden, 1,357
- Denmark, 1,237
- Germany, 1,231
Can Caffeine Affect Weight Loss?
When it comes to physical performance and exercise, caffeine definitely has a positive effect. The effects are most successful for endurance training and less for short intense movements. Caffeine stimulates the body to burn off more fat deposits instead of the normal carbohydrates in our muscles. The benefit, however, diminishes, unfortunately, the more and more often you drink coffee.
But go ahead and make yourself a cup of coffee on your Senseo machine - it's still good for you!